Monday, April 18, 2011

My Blog vs Myself

There's brewing tension. Hearts are pounding. 

My new blog is already tensed and worried, asking me why I am abandoning him. 


Me:  Of course not! Why should I?
VBR: Because you are leaving me now!
Me: Haha! You must be kidding! I am not at all abandoning a new born baby. 
VBR: You seems suggesting.
Me: How can I leave something that I love doing?
VBR: You already did with my other siblings! What do you call that now?
Me: It's not abandoning. I just put then to rest.
VBR: You will do the same to me, right?
Me: Of course not (awkward smile)
VBR: Just don't say it. Prove it.
Me: I am doing now.

Truth be told, I am really thinking hard what to blog about. So I decided that while I think of some interesting things to write about, I will start posting some finds on the web that I will feature and share. 

For my opening salvo, here's one whose works online are really good at humanizing the web: Jonathan Harris.

To some who may not be familiar with him, his bio page says: he makes projects that re-imagine how humans relate to technology and to each other. (Impressive, isn't it?, though I have to figure out myself what he meant with that statement.)

Harris is co-creator of the We Feel Fine Project, the award-winning online experiment that gathers people's emotion in a very engaging and visually-enticing approach.

His latest, the Today project, is what am very pleased to share to you folks today. On this website, Harris posts one photo each day. The result? A beautiful collage of things, places, people and the like that we never sometimes give an eye to look at or appreciate.

With so many projects to his credit, the Today Project is one that inspires and encourages people to enjoy what you love doing and making sure there's commitment to doing it.  Another face of his project gives the impression that even with just one small step every day, like taking photos everyday, a lot will be accomplished.  

A short film here gives us a sampling of this work. 




Anyway, if the image won't play, here is the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment