Thursday, December 15, 2011

Another year is ending. Another one is coming. But always thankful.

For the rest of us who will witness another year ending, technology has been a handy friend. It has always kept us updated and posted on what's happening and what's unfolding even from afar and beyond our eyes' reach. Just see the video below from Google Zeitgeist and you will see my point.


It's amazing to notice that while we have only learned of the bigger news and happenings through the newspapers, radio and television in the past, it is different today.  With the help of modern technology, we can be aware of the bits and smaller scale moments (at least in our perspective) that our friends, neighbors and even people from far away places have experienced and shared through Youtube.

Who are not aware of this very very popular viral Youtube clip of two toddlers that brings millions of smiles and laughter plastered in the face of the globe? But television programs will not actually show this in their regular programmings, thinking that the audience will not benefit from this. Today, the modern audience are different and will remain so ... unpredictable. Because what may be perceived as not entertaining may actually become one the next day or what may not be newsworthy yesterday, can be one that is seeing the headlines tomorrow. Sometimes, what becomes significant or relevant will be based on how many people have expressed their appreciation or likes to an uploaded media or video.

 
More true today because all have probably become instant participants in the evolving and shaping of what should see print or hit the radio and television airwaves.

Even more significant, the year that is about to end begs to be noticed by making one feel reflective about some deeds and things done in the last 360+ days. What am I regretful for? What do I liked the most? cherish? appreciated? hated? and most of all, thankful for to God?

For so many reasons, whether good or bad, am thankful to God. Countless reasons, in fact. Here are some of them:

Good health. For the very reason that even though I am not rich and not one among the less than 10% of the population's affluent few in my country (plus am not even in the middle ranges) I believe deep in my heart that am blessed with good health. I was not hospitalized the whole year. I am not suffering from very grave illness and not spending riches to pay hefty hospital bills.

Supportive family. We are always like this. We are not very vocal in expressing 'i love yous' to one another but I can feel and know that they do and they care. Truly. And I know, since I can remember, they have been supportive of me. My decisions in life, my plans, my life choices.

Best friends. I have been showered with some of the kindhearted and sincere folks though of course it's not always smooth sailing. And I feel lucky for having them and I believe they are here with me for a reason for my good. For better or worse, even though we now have different paths in life, I believe our friendship will stay stronger. (Iva, Dexter, Oneng, Maribel, Cynthia, Chester, I know you know who you are.)

The best teachers. They are the best reasons why I think I have learned the Truth and that I have a clear direction in life, the God's way. More than a teacher, they made me feel what it feels like to be part of a very very big family and like a father and a big brother, they are not there to pamper me with lies just to make me feel better. It is always God and His words above what I will feel. They are supportive and helpful in so many ways in shaping my spiritual growth. As an inspiration, they are relentless in showing it through words and deeds. All these and more are the very reason am thankful to God. To Bro Eli Soriano and Kuya Daniel Razon, I thank God because of you!  


How about you? What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment